Getting carries away with mediums and pan pastels ...

Happy Sunday everyone and it is indeed a happy Sunday for me! For my birthday my main present from hubby was to finish making me an actual craft area rather that I could make as messy as I wished and save the dining room table for eating at ...! All the decorating bit has been done and the cupboards get fitted tomorrow, then the task of filling them and deciding what will go where. So close now ....

With it being Sunday, that must mean its time to share my DT project for "Love to Create Challenges" and I have decided to use one of the many canvases I have to create ... well, just to have fun and create something without having a plan in mind.


I began by primimg the canvas with Maimeri white gesso and once dry, out came the pan pastel to make my background colour. I took all the hard work of blending them by using pan pastel colourless blender. Next I added some texture using a stencil and Maimeri modelling paste ...


To add some shadow, I used pan pastel black medium and white to the sides.


Afterwards I grabbed the soft tool and drew a heart in the centre of the canvas using the black medium.


Using some Maimeri texture paste and a heart stencil, I filled in my heart with extra texture. I then added some off cut of lace, covering them also with texture paste.



Whilst my canvas was drying, I began stamping my flower images, on to water colour card, water colouring them with magenta, permanent blue, permanent green and yellow green pan pastel. I do take the colour direct from my pans but from the very edges and not the main surface of my pan pastels.


I cut my images out and put them to one side as wanted to layer up some more elements on to the canvas before using. I have a drawer full of "bits" that I have collected from packaging, magazines or emphera packs and I chose a selection that I thought would go and as you can imagine, this meant everything was out!



Creating a central panel with achipboard frame, coloured with white acyrlic paint and white pearl pan pastel, adding some additional braid, lace edging and some emphera images.


I then randomly placed the stamped flowers around all of these elements, adding a little bit of Stickles glitter glue (applied with my finger) and over sprayed with white actyrlic paint mixed with water in a mister bottle. I did wipe off excess so I did not totally obliterate the images.


The sentiment words were again from my "collection" and mounted with Cosmic Shimmer glue straight to the canvas. A bit more misting, wiping away and misting again, and my faffing was complete. I thoroughly enjoyed getting lost in the creating of my canvas and I think even more so because I just went with it rather then trying to plan out my every move.

Right, gotta dash as I have a bit of nagging to do  ...,

Lou
x x x

Products and links:



Challenges:
Creative Artiste - chipboard (frame, table)
PDE Linky Party - anything goes
Avenue 613 - anything goes with twist of use your stash
The Corrosive Challenge - resolutions (mine to use up, and not store, my precious scraps)
Anything but cute - (old = pan pastels, new = stamps)
Let's Create - layer it up
Noor Design - anything goes

Comments

Janis Lewis said…
This is beautiful and amazing. I love your step by step photos in your post. Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
Janis, Creator & DT Member
Pause Dream Enjoy
Paper Play Sketches, Creator & DT Member
PDE Linky Party, Creator & DT Member
Vintagehandmade said…
Amazingly beautiful canvas! Love your awesome texture, wonderful colours and fabulous stamping! Fantastic design!
Thank you so much for joining in our Ring out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DTx
Sherrie K. said…
Oh my goodness, this is GORGEOUS! I love the textures and soft colors!The design is incredible! THanks for the inspiration and great step by step instructions!
Thanks for joining us at the PDE Linky Party challenge! Hope you join us again!
Sherrie K
PDE DT Member
Wheelie Crafty said…
Lou, Gee you certainly create some gorgeous projects. I love your creativity... Thanks for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Blog... Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon...

Hugs
Rhonda Alman xx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk
http://wheeliecraftydesigns.blogspot.com.au
Unknown said…
Oh hun, I love it!
Such an elegant feel to it xxx
Samra said…
Wonderful work!
Thank you so much for joining our Ring out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute!
Hugs

Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra
Redanne said…
OMGoodness, what a gorgeous canvas! I love the background you created for the heart and your embellishments are just beautiful. You have taught me something too, I had no idea that Pan Pastels could be used to water colour with, so thank you for that!

Thanks so much for joining in our Ring out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute. Anne DT xxx
The pink accents work so well against those elegant silvery greys - fab mixed media piece.
Alison x
Hazel said…
Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Let’s Craft and Create challenge 109, Hazel, DT x
SewPaperPaint said…
What a wonderful project! Love the stamped "embellishments" and your amazing background! <3