Making my crafting space "pretty" ...

Not a card from me today but something totally different. I decided that my craft space needed some personalising and as I haven't had time to revamp all the bottles and tins I have collected just yet, I did something else as a stop gap.

We recently had some charity bags come through the door and as I have been nagging youngest son to clear his wardrobe for eons, took this opportunity to "re nag" him. Long waffle short, I found one or two bits that i thought might be useful in my crafting, so squirrelled them away. However this time, rather than filling another box with these "useful one day pretties", I decided to use then straight away! I know ..... unheard of .... !

So I made some "tin covering what nots" ...



They are made from the legs of jeans, lined with various materials (shirts, t-shirts, scarves etc). I created a "standing bottom" and on one added some trim. Before I became too carried away with decorations, I quickly stopped myself and made 5 in all from one jean leg ... okay my son is tall so get good mileage from a pair of his old jeans ;)


I have put the undecorated tins inside so I continually remind myself to decorate them one day in the not too distant future ....


Well back to the crafty making as have one or two new products to make samples for ...

Lou
x x x

Challenges:
Through the craft room door - anything goes
Not just cards - anything goes
Use your stuff - anything goes
Dream Valley - stripes or checks

Comments

Linda Simpson said…
What fabulous idea and sure makes everything organised
Hugs
Linda xxx
Bev said…
You amaze me woman!! Good job!
Jackie T said…
Hi they are brilliant and a great way to recycle. Hugs Jackie
Lisa Mensing said…
Very pretty! Nice way to brighten up a room too. Thanks for playing along at Dream Valley's Stripes and/or Checks challenge. Lisa DT
How clever and cute, Lou! Love that you were able to get five of these out of one pair of pants. Thank you for joining us in the Through The Craft Room Door challenge this week.

Hugz,
Linda
This is a fantastic recycle project Lou. Any desks would look great and organized :) Nice to see your work entered in the previous ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Please join us again in the current challenge. Happy creating :)
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}
Judy McKay said…
Beautiful project. Love the colours and the design. Thank you for joining us at Not Just cards this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT