Halloween with Pan Pastels

I must say that I had a blast making my project this week for Pan Pastel UK Challenges and decided that I wanted to make a "tongue in cheek" Halloween card for one of my nephews and here's what I came up with ....


I have used Studio 12 stamps to create my scene, ( Tree of Life and Shabby Owls ) which I have then stamped on to water colour card. This is because I wanted a rough surface to use with my pan pastels as I wanted to create an uneven blend with some of the watercolour card still being seen.


Once I had created the background, I over stamped with the Tree of Life set first and then added extra details using the Shabby Owl set. All the images have been coloured using my pan pastels; a mixture of dry brushing and water colouring. The white highlights have been added using a GraphIt shaker pen. I die cut a frame (which I added white pearlescent highlights to) and positioned this around the owl.


I added my sentiment (which I also had to alter a little with my pan pastels) and then decided that my card was "missing something" but couldn't think what. A flash of something hit me and using my hot glue gun, I created a spiders web, which I have stuck so that it hangs both over the card and frame.

Gotta dash as have to get myself organised as haven't done any domestic chores this weekend and I can't ignore the growing pile of clothes in the corner much longer ......,

Lou
x x x

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge - create a scene
Pumpkin Spice - Halloween
Sweet Stampin - Halloween
Fairytale Challenge - Halloween
Dragons Lair - anything goes


Products I have used:


Comments

Alyx said…
This is so cute! Didn't make me jump,though! Love that background. xx
Jackie T said…
Hi Lou this is a fantastic card I love the little owl sitting in the middle of it all. Hugs Jackie
Linda Simpson said…
This is fabulous and so loving the owl.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Doreen said…
This is gorgeous,loveit all.xxx
Tracy said…
Gorgeous Louise and loving the glue!!!
Big hugs xxxxxx
Brawny x said…
Great card. Love the owl x
Yvonne said…
Such a fabulous and different Halloween card. The hot glue web is genius! Xx
Anjie said…
Fab make, and great idea with the glue!
Hugs
Anj
xx
Bianca said…
That´s such a great project for Halloween! I love all that fab little detailsyou have add. Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge! xx Bianca
mixamatoasties said…
Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'

Susan
Sammy said…
How very sweet! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x
Donna Mosley said…
A gorgeous make, thanks for joining us at AGOAC. Good luck.

Donna x